top of page

License Applications & Ministerial Consent

license applications

It is a legal requirement under the National Monuments Acts 1930-2014, to obtain a licence to carry out certain types of archaeological investigation in relation to a recorded monument.

If work is required at or near a National Monument in State Care or Ownership, consent is required from the Minister. The application for Ministerial Consent is submitted to the Minister’s office and involves similar preparation to that required for a licence to excavate.

bottom of page